[CentOS] sempron 2500+ running at 1044 cpu speed.

Thu May 4 14:19:04 UTC 2006
Chris Hammond <chris at tac.esi.net>

AMD processors labeling has not followed the speed in Mhz for a few
years now.  The 2500+ is just a designation and not processor speed
in Mhz.

That is still low as my searching states it should be around 1743Mhz.
The BIOS is probably not set correctly if auto detection is not set or if
auto detection is set, the bios may not recognize the processor and may
need to be updated.

Chris

>>> geisj at pagestation.com 05/04/06 10:13 am >>>
I have a desktop unit with a sempron 2500+ to play with.
doing "more /proc/cpuinfo" indicates cpu Mhz as1044 not the 2500

I am familiar with cpuspeed. doing ps ax | grep cpuspeed resulting in
nothing.
I did service cpuspeed start. No errors reported.
ps ax | grep cpuspeed resulted in nothing.

I was going to do "killall - SIGUSR1 cpuspeed" to attempt to get 2500+
cpu speed.

I am compiling wine right now so I havent gotten back into the BIOS.
Is there another way to get the FULL cpu speed.

THanks,

Jerry