[CentOS] sempron 2500+ running at 1044 cpu speed.

Thu May 4 17:37:02 UTC 2006
Jerry Geis <geisj at pagestation.com>

Michel Daggelinckx wrote:
>/ Jerry Geis wrote:
/>/
/>>/ I have a desktop unit with a sempron 2500+ to play with.
/>>/ doing "more /proc/cpuinfo" indicates cpu Mhz as1044 not the 2500
/>>/
/>>/ I am familiar with cpuspeed. doing ps ax | grep cpuspeed resulting in
/>>/ nothing.
/>>/ I did service cpuspeed start. No errors reported.
/>>/ ps ax | grep cpuspeed resulted in nothing.
/
>Sounds like cpuspeed could be crashing.  Make sure there is no cpuspeed
>running as daemon then try running it as root with no args.  Check
>/var/log/messages if it blows chunks.

Cpuspeed is crashing. when I run it from the command line it says:

could not open file for writing "/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor"

the cpufreq directorty is not present....

I tried to use mkdir and create it as root but it says "operation not permitted".

Jerry