[CentOS] 4.3 single server cd

Thu May 25 15:18:10 UTC 2006

Mike Stankovic wrote:
> --- Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:
>> there was a testing iso released a few weeks back
>> and I was hoping to
>> some responses on that.... have not had a single
>> feedback as yet :)
>>

> Where was this announced?

the same place where all such stuff is announced, and where it has been
announced the last 3 times as well.

> Discussions about a minimal/server CD on this or any
> other GNU/Linux distro attract tonnes of responses.
> You can do better than that.

perhaps you should look at the bugtracker w.r.t issues posted via
centos-devel...

>> I suppose that means that it works for everyone....
>> so I should just go
>> ahead and release it then. Look for it on the usual
>> places in the next
>> 24 hrs time.
>>
> A bit presumptous? Perhaps you need to follow the
> CentOS guidelines for announcements/releases. Now who
> needs to read the CentOS guidelines/project goals?

err ? where do these project guide lines say that iso's should not be
put online in 24 hrs ? and / or I didnt realise the ServerCD caused a
conflict with the project goals. Can you point me to these said Project
Goals please ?

- KB