[CentOS] 4.3 single server cd

Thu May 25 17:14:31 UTC 2006
Mike Stankovic <mlists2006 at yahoo.com>

--- Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:

> Mike Stankovic wrote:
> > --- Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:
> >> there was a testing iso released a few weeks back
> >> and I was hoping to
> >> some responses on that.... have not had a single
> >> feedback as yet :)
> >>

> > Where was this announced?
>
> the same place where all such stuff is announced,
> and where it has been
> announced the last 3 times as well.
>
> > Discussions about a minimal/server CD on this or
> any
> > other GNU/Linux distro attract tonnes of
> > You can do better than that.
>
> perhaps you should look at the bugtracker w.r.t
> issues posted via
> centos-devel...
>

> >> I suppose that means that it works for
> everyone....
> >> so I should just go
> >> ahead and release it then. Look for it on the
> usual
> >> places in the next
> >> 24 hrs time.
> >>
> > A bit presumptous? Perhaps you need to follow the
> > CentOS guidelines for announcements/releases. Now
> who
> > needs to read the CentOS guidelines/project goals?
> >

> err ? where do these project guide lines say that
> iso's should not be
> put online in 24 hrs ? and / or I didnt realise the
> ServerCD caused a
> conflict with the project goals. Can you point me to
> these said Project
> Goals please ?
>
> - KB

The simple fact is the only announcement about a CD in
May on centos-annouce was the LIVECD by Johnny.  You
can see for yourself that there is no SERVER CD newer
than the December 2005 one at
http://mirror.stanford.edu/yum/pub/centos/4.3/isos/i386/

Stating that you announced a release/testing ISO on
either centos/centos-devel or centos-announce  is baloney.