[CentOS] Re: CentOS 4 and laptop and wifi works

Thu May 25 16:29:03 UTC 2006
Max H. <btmanmeh at verizon.net>

Tom Diehl wrote:

> Have you succeeded in getting wpa encryption working with the Atheros/madwifi
> drivers??
>
> My madwifi card works just fine with no encryption but I cannot get it to
> work with the wpa encryption turned on.

That I have not yet tried. I use just normal WEP encryption and it's
always worked fine. I know WEP isn't super secure, but if I have
anything I don't want broadcasting I simply use a wire. There aren't any
other wireless networks in my neighborhood, so I haven't really care to
try it.

ATrpms has two different wpa_supplicant RPMs, but I don't know enough
about WPA to say whether or not I'm on target with pointing you to this.
 From the small changelog at the bottom of these links say "added
madwifi support," so I'm assuming it's supposed to work.

<http://atrpms.net/dist/el4/wpa_supplicant/>
<http://atrpms.net/dist/el4/wpa_supplicant-eap-fast/>

Max