[CentOS] php-mcrypt extension

Shaun T. Erickson sterickson at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 03:48:10 UTC 2006

On 11/8/06, Aleksandar Milivojevic <alex at milivojevic.org> wrote:

> Get SRPM for PHP.  Edit the php.spec file and add subpackages for any
> extensions you might want, and rebuild using that spec file.  The
> php.spec file is nicely organized.  What you need to change is the
> configure command (add extensions you want), and define new subpackages
> for your extensions (copy&paste definitions for existing subpackages and
> change names).  It's fairly trivial.

Ok. I'll do that.

> BTW, once you have "custom" PHP subpackage installed (for example
> php-mcrypt), you'll have to rebuild it by hand every time there is a
> security update.

This is one of the reasons why I was advocating for it to be built by
the CentOS team and added to the repository along with the other
subpackages. Not that I mind doing it, but then it would just 'be
there', available to anyone who needed/wanted it. The particular
reason I'm looking for it is that phpMyAdmin can use it.

    -ste

--
        -ste