[CentOS] cluster service

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Sat Nov 25 23:28:56 UTC 2006

John R Pierce wrote:
> I've setup the CentOS version of the RH Cluster Service on a pair of
> centos 4.4 i386 test boxes...   wanting to do high availabilty stuff.
> its working, I've added a virtual IP and a fiberchannel hosted e3fs
> file system thhat either can mount, if I manually crash or reboot one,
> this IP and FS mount on the other, awesome.
>
> the servers are connected to the storage via a QLogic SANbox 5600
> fiberswitch, and I've added a SANbox2 'fence device' to the cluster,
> with its IP and login/password...    but I don't understand how to
> configure the SANbox or the fencing agent so that it knows how to map
> these two servers to the zones or zonesets on the SANbox.
>
> right now everything on the SANbox is in the same zone (these two plus
> a few other servers plus the shared storage controller which also has
> some LUNs that are only accessible by a couple Sun servers running
> Solaris).
>
> what am I missing?    I did see the man page on fabric_sanbox2, but
> dont see how that applies via system-config-cluster ...

ok, a clean start this morning, and I found the fence configuration
under each cluster node.     for the qlogic sanbox2 fencing driver, I'm
not sure if I'm suppose to put in the integer port number ('13'), the
port name ('port13'), or the porrt address ('010d00') or what?   Tried
the first and last of those, and it still doesn't seem to be fencing :-/q

ok, fence_sanbox2 -a svfis-sanbox -l XXXXX -p XXXXX -n 14 -o disable
seems to work.   so I guess its the port number, like 13 or 14....
maybe I just need to reboot everything to get the fencing settings
working, hmmm.