[CentOS] CentOS 4.4 and other software?

Fri Nov 3 12:03:51 UTC 2006
Scott Ehrlich <scott at MIT.EDU>

I just installed CentOS 4.4 on my laptop, having good experience with
Debian, Fedora Core 5, and RHEL4.   I really like 4.4's overall appearance
(meshing of RHEL4 and FC5), but what I have yet to figure out is how to
access repositories for applications that are not part of the default
install, such as ncftp.   I invoked and updated yum, but it had no idea.

I would also like to see what all available kernel offerings are, and
maybe various development tools (i.e. dependencies).

Up2Date didn't seem much of a help, either.

None of the above tools seemed to know anything about ncftp, and it has
been around for at least 10 years, and is available for just about every
distro, sometimes by default.

Am I missing something with available packages?

Thanks.

Scott