[CentOS] Any long-time CentOS users on list using Ubuntu as well?

Mon Nov 27 16:48:29 UTC 2006
centos at 911networks.com <centos at 911networks.com>

On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 11:22:47 -0500
"chrism at imntv.com" <chrism at imntv.com> wrote:

> I've gotten roped into helping a local charity with some
> computing/infrastructure snafus.  It seems their last good
> Samaritan installed Ubuntu all over the place and is "unavailable"
> now to clean up the mess.  CentOS has made me somewhat lazy because
> everything just works out of the box for the most part and you've
> got the occasional "yum update".  :)  These are all desktop
> systems, if that makes any difference.  With any luck, I'll be able
> to pave over the installs with CentOS 4.4 and call it a day.  :D

It's excellent, especially as a desktop. For making that is well
configured for users including many add-ons go to:

www.ubuntuguide.org

Everything you need to configure is there.

--
Thanks
http://www.sqlhacks.com