[CentOS] Any long-time CentOS users on list using Ubuntu as well?

Mon Nov 27 19:48:38 UTC 2006
R P Herrold <herrold at owlriver.com>

On Mon, 27 Nov 2006, chrism at imntv.com wrote:

> I've gotten roped into helping a local charity with some
> computing/infrastructure snafus.  It seems their last good Samaritan
> installed Ubuntu all over the place and is "unavailable" now to clean up the
> mess.  CentOS has made me somewhat lazy because everything just works out of
> the box for the most part and you've got the occasional "yum update".  :)

We maintain a Debian box for internal testing of some
code; Assuming the /etc/apt/sources.list is intact, as root:

apt-get update
apt-get update

should do most things; if you get messages about packages
being held back from upgrades, contact me off list (as these
are after all Debian type issues), but basically,

dpkg --remove
 	- and -
dpkg --configure -a

are your friends.