[CentOS] Calling All FS Fanatics

Morten Torstensen morten at mortent.org
Tue Oct 3 20:13:28 UTC 2006

Johnny Hughes wrote:
> Personally, I would never use anything except ext3 on a RH based
> kernel ... but that is just me.

Yup.. would love to use JFS, but for me it is not worth it. RH basically test
NOTHING but ext3. They might test function, but not thorough reliability tests
in stress scenarios.

I say that from observing RH, not on actual knowledge of what they test and how.

Bottom line is that I agree with Johnny... if you positively don't *need*
another filesystem, use ext3.

--

//Morten Torstensen
//Email: morten at mortent.org
//IM: Cartoon at jabber.no morten.torstensen at gmail.com

And if it turns out that there is a God, I don't believe that he is evil.
The worst that can be said is that he's an underachiever.