[CentOS] looking for 4.2 minimal kickstart

Shawn K. O'Shea shawn at ll.mit.edu
Fri Oct 6 20:58:02 UTC 2006

Andrew Zahn wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am looking for an example of a kickstart file for a simple, minimal
> server install. I don't need any graphical apps just ssh, httpd and
> development tools. It seems that even when I specify only the packages
> I want many other packages are installed making the install very
> large. Any links to guides or example kickstart files would be great.

I'd suggest grabbing the CentOS server install CD from your favorite
mirror (for example:
ftp://mirrors.secsup.org/pub/linux/centos/4.4/isos/i386/CentOS-4.4.ServerCD-i386.iso)

Then install this on a piece of hardware, customizing during install as
you see fit. When the install is complete, you'll find a kickstart file
in root's home directory called ananconda-ks.cfg representing the
choices you made during install.

Either use that directly or tweak further to your needs.

-Shawn