[CentOS] Yum, duplicate packages, 4.3->4.4 upgrade.

Itay Furman itayf at nospammail.net
Tue Oct 10 06:05:32 UTC 2006

On Mon, 9 Oct 2006, William L. Maltby wrote:

> Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2006 12:23:50 -0400
> From: William L. Maltby <CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com>
> To: CentOS General List <centos at centos.org>
> Subject: Re: [CentOS] Yum, duplicate packages, 4.3->4.4 upgrade.
>
> On Mon, 2006-10-09 at 17:15 +0200, itayf at nospammail.net wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> <snip>
>
>> 4. I have enabled the dries, kbsingh, and rpmforge, repositories
>>    for few packages (acroread, pine,...).  However, I didn't
>>    keep track which packages come from those repos so I can't
>>    apply the 'includepkgs' instruction on them.  What's the
>>    easiest way to recover that information?  (Default
>>    'yum list installed' doesn't provide the repository.)
>
> I  /var/log/rpmpkgs is a (weeklyupdated?) list of file names. Some have
> ".rf" in them, other "plus" etc. This should tell you for most packages
> from where they came.

That't what I was looking for - thanks!

BTW, I noticed that the packages in the dries repo are labeled
with 'rf', the same as rpmforge.  One is the mirror of the other?

> I would then read up on some of the yum stuff (plugins) and use a
> combination of "includepkgs=", "exclude=" and "protect=" to get you
> going. Set this stuff up before you do any other changes.

"protect=" I used from the start in this installation.  But I
realized the significance of "includepkgs=" and "exclude=" too
late.  Hence my questions.

 	Thanks for the help.
 	Itay