[CentOS] Yum, duplicate packages, 4.3->4.4 upgrade.

William L. Maltby CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com
Mon Oct 9 16:23:50 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-10-09 at 17:15 +0200, itayf at nospammail.net wrote:
> Hi,
>
> <snip>

> 4. I have enabled the dries, kbsingh, and rpmforge, repositories
>    for few packages (acroread, pine,...).  However, I didn't
>    keep track which packages come from those repos so I can't
>    apply the 'includepkgs' instruction on them.  What's the
>    easiest way to recover that information?  (Default
>    'yum list installed' doesn't provide the repository.)

I  /var/log/rpmpkgs is a (weeklyupdated?) list of file names. Some have
".rf" in them, other "plus" etc. This should tell you for most packages
from where they came.

I would then read up on some of the yum stuff (plugins) and use a
combination of "includepkgs=", "exclude=" and "protect=" to get you
going. Set this stuff up before you do any other changes.

> Thanks in advance,
>        Itay
> <snip pkg list>

HTH