[CentOS] Re: Directories not writable (Apache/PHP)

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Tue Oct 10 23:14:15 UTC 2006

Mark Fitzsimmons spake the following on 10/9/2006 2:27 AM:
>>> --
>>> Avc: denied [ write ] for pid=6890 com="php"
>>> name="temp" dev=dm-0
>>> ino=442565 scontext=user_u:system_r:httpd_t
>>> tcontext=user_u:object_r:root_t tclass=dir
>

>> This error is related to SeLinux
>

> Thanks DM, have disabled SeLinux and all is OK. I assume for a non live
> testing server, disabling SeLinux would be OK?
Many people are running live production servers with selinux disabled.
It is a great product, but it also has a very steep learning curve.
Selinux is just one piece in the system security puzzle.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and