[CentOS] Write performance with 3ware 9550

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Fri Oct 13 00:24:12 UTC 2006

I saw a definite improvement by turning off NCQ and setting StorSave to
'Balanced.' Are these 1.5GB/Sec or 3.0GB/Sec SATA drives? During my testing I
changed from non-interleaved memory and 1.5GB to interleaved and 3.0GB. Made a
big difference in bonnie++ results. Unfortunately, I can't say which was more
important.

If you have the patience, read through my recent (but lengthy) thread on the
3Ware 9550 titled "Calling All FS Fanatics." There's a lot of good info from
many helpful people. I've only gotten full performance using JFS or XFS.

Kirk Bocek