[CentOS] 3Ware 9550SX-4LP Performance

Michael Kress kress at hal.saar.de
Mon Oct 16 19:54:41 UTC 2006

Kirk Bocek wrote:
> 3Ware's site advertises 300MB/Sec writes using 8 disks on the PCI
> Express version of this card (the 9580 I think.) I'm guessing 4x PCI
> Express has more bandwidth but 133Mhz 64-bit PCI-X is no slouch. The
> only two things I need to change are to put the disks in 3GB/Sec SATA
> mode (they're in 1.5GB/Sec mode right now) and to enable memory
> interleaving on the motherboard (I only have two sticks of memory,
> this M/B needs 4 for interleaving.) But I don't think these things
> should drop me down to the write performance of a single IDE disk.

Has somebody made experience with PCI-X-133MHz and PCI-X-66MHz?
With my board there's not much difference. I even have the feeling, that
driving a 9550SXU-4LP at PCI-X-66MHz is a bit faster than at 133. At
least bonnie++ gives me slightly faster values @ 66.

> Does anyone have any suggestions on improving write performance?
see above. :)

TIA - Michael

Michael Kress, kress at hal.saar.de
http://www.michael-kress.de / http://kress.net