[CentOS] Terminal settings question.

David Mackintosh

David.Mackintosh at xdroop.com
Mon Oct 30 14:48:05 UTC 2006

Hiya folks,

Maybe someone can help me with this question.

I'm a long time mutt user.  However in recent years, I have been a
member of an increasing number of mail lists.  And an increasing number
of mail list users are starting to use special characters in their
emails that my terminal is not understanding correctly.  When it doesn't
understand the character correctly, it starts to interfere with the
repaints when I scroll around through messages or through the indexes.

As an example, I believe it was this list where there was recently a
discussion regarding Core Duo which included a fancy symbol for (tm) in
the subject line.  This thread was the straw that broke the camel's back
so to speak and I'm now an unhappy Thunderbird user as opposed to a
happy mutt user.

So.  Clearly I have something set incorrectly so that Mutt (and/or the
terminal I am using) do not understand the special characters.  Can
anyone point me in the right direction to find the answer as to how to
fix this so that I can ditch Thunderbird and go back to Mutt?

Thanks for your time.

  /\oo/\
/ /()\ \ David Mackintosh | dave at xdroop.com