[CentOS] Installing on Hardware RAID - Adaptec 7890/7860

Steve Huff shuff at vecna.org
Tue Oct 31 00:10:59 UTC 2006

On Oct 30, 2006, at 6:50 PM, Matt Arnilo S. Baluyos (Mailing Lists)
wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm trying to install the CentOS 4.4 Server CD on old hardware. The
> hardware is a Dell PowerEdge 2300 with Adaptec 7890 and 7860
> controllers. It's the first time I've done a Linux install with
> hardware RAID.
>
> However, I'm having trouble getting CentOS (as well as Fedora Core 6)
> to detect the SCSI hard drives. When it comes to the part where you
> choose where to install Linux, it just doesn't detect the hard drives.

Is this another old megaraid driver issue?  Try here:

http://www.tuxyturvy.com/blog/index.php?/archives/4-Installing-RHEL4-
on-Systems-with-Legacy-Megaraid-Drivers.html

-steve

--
If this were play'd upon a stage now, I could condemn it as an
improbable fiction.  - Fabian, Twelfth Night