[CentOS] Compling Apache 1.3.37 w/mod_ssl on x86_64 fails

Jim Perrin

jperrin at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 15:47:26 UTC 2006

>  This procedure works fine for years on RH/CentOS 3+
>  The current machine is a core 2 duo with x86_64 CentOS 4.4 (updated)

Assuming that you actually REALLY need apache 1.x (which is
effectively the walking dead and should be avoided in my opinion) I'd
recommend getting the src.rpm from centos2 and rebuilding that rather
than building from scratch source. If nothing else, you may want to
look at some of the patches used there to allow it to compile and see
what exactly you need.

George Orwell