[CentOS] 2.6.18 Kernel

Fri Oct 6 19:59:47 UTC 2006
Drew Weaver <drew.weaver at thenap.com>

FC5 doesn't install without command line arguments either.

Thanks for the suggestion,

-Drew

-----Original Message-----
From: centos-bounces at centos.org [mailto:centos-bounces at centos.org] On
Behalf Of Joshua Baker-LePain
Sent: Friday, October 06, 2006 3:50 PM
To: CentOS mailing list
Subject: RE: [CentOS] 2.6.18 Kernel

On Fri, 6 Oct 2006 at 3:30pm, Drew Weaver wrote

> So you're the one guy that got it working?
>
> In order for me to even get the installer to boot on a DG965ss I have
> to pass these commands to the kernel:
>
> pci = nommconf acpi=off irqprobe all-generic-ide
>
> If I do all of that it will install, but it has no idea what any of
> the devices are.

In this order, I'd:

1) Make sure you're installing 4.4 (rather than a previous point
release.

2) Run FC5 (or 6, due out next week) until CentOS 4.5 is out, which will
    likely improve support for those chipsets.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering