[CentOS] latest kernel

Micha Silver micha at arava.co.il
Fri Sep 1 20:04:56 UTC 2006

Today I updated several servers running CentOS 4.3, and got the new
2.6.9-42 kernel. One of the machines serves as our firewall. After
rebooting I lost all forwarding thru the machine. I reverted back to the
2.6.9-34 kernel and connectivity returned. During the few minutes that
the new kernel was running I checked that the routing table looked OK,
and with tcpdump I saw that indeed no traffic was going thru from the
externel interface to any of the internal interfaces.

Has anyone seen similar behavior??