[CentOS] Access email and addressbook from everywhere

John Summerfied debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Mon Sep 4 01:41:41 UTC 2006

Craig White wrote:

> ----
> that of course doesn't satisfy the need for a universal address book
> which LDAP fits the bill but there is a bit of a hurdle...

I'm not convinced I want my LDAP servers accessible to the world.

Should the need arise, I'd contemplate a VPN (using openvpn) from
outside, and maybe regularly review access regularly. (so as to limit
damage from stolen laptops, broken windows boxes etc).
"You're going away? Back Monday week?"
"Okay, you have access until Monday. Email me before then for an extension."

-- spambait
1aaaaaaa at coco.merseine.nu  Z1aaaaaaa at coco.merseine.nu

Please do not reply off-list