[CentOS] very new user having problems

Mark Weaver mdw1982 at mdw1982.com
Mon Sep 4 23:57:27 UTC 2006

John Summerfield wrote:
> barbaara fberg wrote:
>> yes I am certain I do not understand the question.
>>

>> I have an antenae in the front yard connected with coax cable    to a
>> radio   toa networking box
>>
>> it is a wireless connection
>>
> You haven't responed to my earilier post.
>
> We need the specifics of you set up; are you using a wireless router or
> do you have PCI card in your Linux box? What brand? What does "lspci -v
> -v" reveal?
>
> Have you tried pebble? Pebble is designed for what I think you want, and
> if that works then maybe we can extrapolate. If Pebble doesn't work, ask
> its supporters for help; if they can't get Pebble working, there's
> little chance for us.

um...John? we don't even know what kind of inet connection she's got
yet, although we "have" ascertained that she's got an antenna in her
front yard. :/

--
Mark

"If you have found a very wise man, then you've found
a man that at one time was an idiot and lived long enough
to learn from his own stupidity."