[CentOS] very new user having problems

John Summerfied debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Tue Sep 5 02:28:14 UTC 2006

Mark Weaver wrote:
> John Summerfield wrote:
>> barbaara fberg wrote:
>>> yes I am certain I do not understand the question.
>>> I have an antenae in the front yard connected with coax cable    to a
>>> radio   toa networking box
>>> it is a wireless connection
>> You haven't responed to my earilier post.
>> We need the specifics of you set up; are you using a wireless router
>> or do you have PCI card in your Linux box? What brand? What does
>> "lspci -v -v" reveal?
>> Have you tried pebble? Pebble is designed for what I think you want,
>> and if that works then maybe we can extrapolate. If Pebble doesn't
>> work, ask its supporters for help; if they can't get Pebble working,
>> there's little chance for us.
> um...John? we don't even know what kind of inet connection she's got
> yet, although we "have" ascertained that she's got an antenna in her
> front yard. :/
The description fits what Pebble does: long-distance 11b wireless using
antennae on tall masts in the back yard. If I was sure I could get over
the neigbour's trees and the Roe Highway without spending an absulute
fortune, it's what I'd be doing, though I'd likely stick a Linksys
WRT54G or similar, running Linux, up the pole.

Until we have good information, we can't give good advice:-)

-- spambait
1aaaaaaa at coco.merseine.nu  Z1aaaaaaa at coco.merseine.nu

Please do not reply off-list