[CentOS] 4.4 upgrade problems

Robert kerplop at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 5 13:49:04 UTC 2006

Alex Pilson wrote:
> At 7:46 AM -0500 9/5/06, Johnny Hughes wrote:
>>

>> I have now upgraded 30 production servers and several dozen workstations
>> and have had no problems at all.
>
> What is your typical hardware setup so we can have a good comparison
> guide here. Intel? AMD?
>
> Very good post BTW.
I'll echo that critique of Johnny's post and add that I have been remiss
in failing to follow up on a thread I opened several days ago regarding
kernel 2.6.9-42.0.2.EL, an Asus A7N8X m/b and ntpd.  Booting with
"acpi=off" made ntpd work just fine, which made me think a bit.  Shame
on me!  There was a BIOS update available that I "just never got around
to installing".  With the BIOS updated, I removed the kernel boot
argument and ntpd still works properly.