[CentOS] Hard drive errors

Bowie Bailey Bowie_Bailey at BUC.com
Fri Sep 22 17:06:13 UTC 2006

Cian Cullinan wrote:
> Well given the simultaneous errors from both disks, and the all-clear
> from smartctl, it *really* sounds like a problem external to the
> disks, I.E.: cables, controller etc.

I'm running the long self-test on the drives now.  That will give me a
more definitive answer.

The problem does sound external to the disks.  Someone else suggested
the power supply.  I wouldn't suspect both cables to have problems, so
that's probably not an issue.  The controller is on the MB and I
REALLY don't want to have to tear the machine apart to replace it.

The errors have stopped for now.  No more errors in the past four
hours.  At the moment all I can do is keep monitoring it.

--
Bowie