[CentOS] rebuilding centos 2.1 isos

John Newbigin jnewbigin at ict.swin.edu.au
Thu Sep 28 00:31:08 UTC 2006

CentOS 2.1 no longer fits on 2 CDs.  Rebuilding will be a pain.

You are correct about the anaconda versions.  You should be able to
build the source into a binary but I can send you my built copy if you want.

John (the CentOS-2 maintainer).

Aleksandar Milivojevic wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm attempting to rebuild CentOS 2.1 ISOs with the latest kernel (to
> attempt installation on some newer hardware with SATA drives).
> It seems that the original build environment used different version of
> anaconda than shipped with CentOS 2.1 (7.2-77_ELAS vs 7.2.32AS).  I
> found SRPM of 7.2.32AS, however I'm wondering if there is binary
> package also?
> BTW, any hints on the things that might be problematic with rebuilding
> the ISOs with newer kernel are more than welcome ;-)
> Thanks

John Newbigin
Computer Systems Officer
Swinburne University of Technology