[CentOS] iptables console login

Mon Sep 18 08:41:44 UTC 2006
Feizhou <feizhou at graffiti.net>

Abd El-Hameed Ayad wrote:
> Peace,
>    I have messages like (on a centos 3.8 box)
>
> NET: 21 messages suppressed.
> martian source 10.255.255.255 from 10.0.0.138, on dev eth0
>

> on my screen.  In the same time it is being logged to a file.
> Are there any way to stop the logging of these messages on the console
> and still logged to a file (/var/log/messages)

Add a pound sign to the head of any lines that end in /dev/console in
/etc/syslog.conf

eg:

#kern.*                                                 /dev/console

If you really want all kernel messages logged to a file, you can change
the above to point to /var/log/kern (that is, you don't have to comment
it out with a pound sign) and create appropriate entries in the log
rotation configuration.