[CentOS] What the heck is JFGI? (was: Mailing List Etiquette)

Mon Sep 18 07:58:14 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-09-18 at 03:13 -0400, Radu-Cristian FOTESCU wrote:
> > http://justfuckinggoogleit.com/
>
> What's wrong with Yahoo-ing it?!
> I'm rather furious that Firefox defaults to Google search on all the
> distros. Why is Google supposed to mean "more freedom" than Yahoo?!
> I'm always Yahoo-ing, and I'm pretty sure my relative lack of
> knowledge in some areas is not related to that :D

It is about money and ads.

Google has a spread firefox campaign ... firefox includes the google
search engine as default.

Nothing wrong with that ... especially since firefox isn't trying to
lock out other search engines, etc. Nor is google blocking results that
lead to other broswers (that tactic you could expect from another major
player in the IT world :)

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes