[CentOS] Bullet proof cron job???

Fri Sep 22 03:14:26 UTC 2006
Ted Miller <tmiller at broadcast.net>

I have a cron job that runs once a day.  There are times when it runs that
it disrupts other things on the computer, so I want to kill it.  Under
Mandriva I had no problems killing the process, and that was the end of
that.  Under Centos I cannot kill it with a sig 15 or a sig 9.  Tonight the
process would have trashed hours of work, so after spending two minutes as
root trying to kill the process, I ended up killing the entire tree,
including crond.  Linux is supposed to allow CONTROL of things like this
without rebooting, etc, so why can't I kill the process without killing crond?

Ted Miller