[CentOS] kernel 2.6.9-42 is faster

Fri Sep 1 16:19:05 UTC 2006
rado <rado at rivers-bend.com>

On Fri, 2006-09-01 at 11:15 -0400, Bob Chiodini wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-09-01 at 10:08 -0500, rado wrote:
> > On Fri, 2006-09-01 at 11:02 -0400, Jerry Geis wrote:
> > > Gents,
> > >
> > > Under 4.3 and the associated kernel it took 17 seconds to recompile my
> > > entire application
> > > on my amd 4800+ X2. Down from 1 minute and 20 seconds on my old platform.
> > >
> > > I just tried under the new 2.6.9-42 kernel and it is 15 seconds.
> > >
> > > So that modification to the kernel for disk improvement seemed to help
> > > my compile time...
> > > Just sharing...
> > >
> > > Great work on 4.4.
> > >
> > > Jerry
> > >
> > you just tryin to make us jealous w/all that new bigtime power you got!
> >
> > I got a lot of equipment but all junk...you know clothes pins, paper
> > clips and tape to hold it together and cardboard boxes for cases!
> >
> > jr
>

> Hey John,
>
> I got some of that, too!
>
> Bob...

oh my! I know you do! you got your own junk farm! especially your voip
box...man, let the dead rest! You wouldn't take my "good" junk
when?...6-9 mo. ago? I offered it to ya, no, you wanted your "real"
junk!!
My lady still bitchin at me to get rid of some of it cuz it's in our way
but then...guess it's like the ole dog bit...just let it keep hangin
round til finally she makes a clean sweep of that closet and brings the
whole enchillada to vietnam vets.

oh, just a good challenge to run like this tho ain't it?
enuf all this!

jr