[CentOS] kernel 2.6.9-42 is faster

Fri Sep 1 20:22:41 UTC 2006
William L. Maltby <CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com>

On Fri, 2006-09-01 at 13:18 -0500, rado wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-09-01 at 14:01 -0300, Rodrigo Barbosa wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, Sep 01, 2006 at 09:22:39AM -0700, Email Lists wrote:
> > > -><snip>

> ya ya y'all just tryin to make me feel good but who the hell wants to
> run boring shinny new equipment and miss all the excitement and
> challenge of re-installing centos every other day in something and never
> losing anything.

That excitement can be replaced by the excitement of trying to install
EL on latest bleeding edge stuff that is only FC5 supported? And video
for X, ... So boredom should not be an issue. Can't lose what you could
never obtain! ... I guess you could *miss* it though.

> Good defense...ya, why I spent so much time writing this elaborate
> backup system that backs up every 4 hrs!!!
>
> ...and the challenge...yep, ...sendmail...delivered from garbage can
> stuff..uh huh
>
> course I've always got plenty to do and no time to learn very much

LOL. Which explains why we always have plenty to do - never learned very
much!  ;-)

--
Bill