[CentOS] Kernel-2.6.9-42.0.2EL fails to boot after upgrade toCentOS 4.4

Sat Sep 2 17:32:41 UTC 2006
William L. Maltby <CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com>

On Sat, 2006-09-02 at 11:57 -0500, Gerald Waugh wrote:
> > You should get a screen that has a kernel name and is blue,
> > at that screen, you should be able to press any key and then
> > select a kernel before the kernel actually starts booting.
> >
> > Does that work?
>
> The screen comes up, and both the 34 and 42 kernels are displayed, but
> only for an instant.
> Is there a way to make this screen delay longer?

Boot linux rescue and edit grub.conf to give a longer delay? If you see
the screen at all, it is finding the grub stuf and displaying. I bet the
delay was reduced for production considerations.