[CentOS] postfix pb with mass emails

Wed Sep 6 00:56:55 UTC 2006
Feizhou <feizhou at graffiti.net>

sophana wrote:
> Ralph Angenendt a écrit :
>> Feizhou wrote:
>>
>>> I hope I got the message through that the problem is with phpbb and not
>>> with postfix itself. phpbb must have injected multiple messages with the
>>> same recipients.
>>>
>> Yes. I just wanted to state (again) that this is definitely not the
>> fault of postfix.
>>
>> Ralph
>>
> Thanks for all your responses.
>
> Phpbb could of course be the problem. I was wondering how this kind of
> basic bug could still exist in postfix...

No way. I had a suspicion once that there might have been something like
this when I did massive injects on a test to find the best filesystem to
use with postfix but upon close scrutiny, there was no such bug. The
generated recipients were so close (postal work :D) it made me imagine dups.

> If it is a phpbb bug, is there an easy way to have a fake smtp server,
> so I can catch the bugged phpbb smtp request? (I can setup another smtp
> port in phpbb...)

smtp-sink is a program that comes with postfix that sends all mails it
receives to Dave Null. You can tell it to log smtp commands to syslog or
display smtp conversations on screen or redirect them to a file. man
smtp-sink for more information. You can also run this on any port on
localhost as you fancy to test out another instance of your current phpbb.