[CentOS] postfix pb with mass emails

Wed Sep 6 11:39:55 UTC 2006
sophana <sophana at zizi.ath.cx>

Feizhou a écrit :

>> If it is a phpbb bug, is there an easy way to have a fake smtp server,
>> so I can catch the bugged phpbb smtp request? (I can setup another smtp
>> port in phpbb...)
>
> smtp-sink is a program that comes with postfix that sends all mails it
> receives to Dave Null. You can tell it to log smtp commands to syslog
> or display smtp conversations on screen or redirect them to a file.
> man smtp-sink for more information. You can also run this on any port
> on localhost as you fancy to test out another instance of your current
> phpbb.
Thanks for your suggestion.
I tried smtp-sink on another port and found that phpbb was the cause of
the problem.
phpbb did several connections to the smtp-sink and sent multiple emails
with more than 50000 recipients instead of 3500.
When I sorted the smtp-sink output, I could see recipients duplicated
multiple times.

Conclusion postfix works great! phpbb sucks!

Thank you all for your support.