[CentOS] new Centos 4.4 install--display update very SLOW

Wed Sep 6 12:01:15 UTC 2006
William L. Maltby <CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com>

On Wed, 2006-09-06 at 07:46 -0400, William L. Maltby wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-09-06 at 07:00 -0400, fredex wrote:
> > <snip>

> > Clues?
>
> Nope. But see here for confirmation, at least.
>
> http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2006-August/068747.html
>
> It happens on my 1.8GHz Athlon (PR2200+) with a Radeon AGP at 4X, 128MB
> aperture too. I didn't post that one though.

BTW. With a Radeon card, like mine, default for DRI is off. But I've
been running DRI enabled successfully on both the old machine and the
Athlon for over a year w/NP.

So I enabled it again on the Athlon and did see some improvement
(confirmation: glxgears went from abysmal appx. 140 fps back up to
68fps, appx.).

If you previously had DRI enabled, it *may* have been disabled. Did you
run update and then locate rpmsave and/or rpmupdate?

--
Bill