[CentOS] Pentium M in desktop system.

Sat Sep 16 03:55:12 UTC 2006
Aleksandar Milivojevic <alex at milivojevic.org>

Chris Weisiger wrote:
> I was just  booting up my system and it says Mobile Pentium 4 2.8 Ghz...
>
> Is that different then a Pentium M processor..Im thinking if it would
> say "Pentium M....etc" if it was a Pentium M model .because I know they
> made pentium 4 's for laptops that were the same as desktop p4's..

Pentium M and Mobile Pentium 4 are two completely different processors.
  Pentium M is based on Pentium III core, and therefore way faster at
same frequency than Pentium 4, while drawing less power (longer battery
life, runs cooler).  Centrino is a version of Pentium M.  Currently
fastest Pentium M processors run at 2.26GHz (which is actually faster
than that Pentium 4 at 2.8 GHz you have).