[CentOS] Re: Samba setup for CentOS-4.4 workstations

Wed Sep 27 19:50:46 UTC 2006
James B. Byrne <byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca>

I tested my configuration using smbclient and, lo and behold, I can see
and browse the shares in the CLI, it is just Nautilus that refuses to
work.  When I access the windows sharves via smbclient I use this:

# smbclient //brdc-01/upload$ -U brockley_byrnejb
password: <domain user's password>

smb: \>

Now, my question is this: Is their a way to make nautilus ask for a user
name and password before trying to connect?

Regards,
Jim

Canada  L8E 3C3