[CentOS] Re: Samba setup for CentOS-4.4 workstations

Wed Sep 27 18:35:33 UTC 2006
James B. Byrne <byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca>

I altered the /etc/samba/smb.conf file to use '_' as the winbind separator
character and asigned BROCKLEY_ADMINISTRATOR to the admin users:

--->
   winbind separator = _
   admin users = BROCKLEY_ADMINISTRATOR
<---

After a restart of the smb service (#service smb restart) I get this:

--->

# smbclient -L BRDC-01
Password: <cr>
Domain=[BROCKLEY] OS=[Windows 5.0] Server=[Windows 2000 LAN Manager]

        Sharename       Type      Comment
        ---------       ----      -------
        USERS$          Disk      Redirected User Folders
        PMAIL$          Disk      Pegasus E-Mail network depository
        imports.1       Printer   Duplex - XCap Tray
        IPC$            IPC       Remote IPC
        print$          Disk      Printer Drivers
        exports.1       Printer   HP LaserJet 4 P1
        NETLOGON        Disk      Logon server share
        QB$             Disk      QuickBooks Financial Data Share
        UPLOAD$         Disk      General file depository
        PROFILES$       Disk      Roaming Profiles Folder
        UPLOAD          Disk      General File Depository
        ADMIN$          Disk      Remote Admin
        SYSVOL          Disk      Logon server share
        C$              Disk      Default share
        imports.3       Printer   HP LaserJet 2100 P03
        imports.2       Printer   HP LaserJet 2100 P02
Domain=[BROCKLEY] OS=[Windows 5.0] Server=[Windows 2000 LAN Manager]

        Server               Comment
        ---------            -------
        BRDC-01              Primary Domain Contoller
        BRDC-02              Secondary Domain Cintroller
        BRMS-02              Administration
        BRWS-09              Accounting
        BRWS-11              Exports
        BRWS-14              Administration
        BRWS-15              Imports
        BRWS-16              Imports
        BRWS-17
... snip
        BRWS-LX-01           BRWS-LX-01.brockley.harte-lyne.ca
        BRWS-MW-19

        Workgroup            Master
        BROCKLEY             BRDC-01
[root at BRWS-LX-01 etc]# mount -t smbfs //brdc-01/upload$ /ms-win/shares -U
brockley_byrnejb
mount: bad UUID

<---

So, a bad UUID tells me that I am not getting a UUID from the PDC and that
the one being provided by the smbclient is meaningless.  So, how do I
obtain an appropriate UUID/GUID assigned to look at these shares?

Canada  L8E 3C3