[CentOS] adding a usb drive to an existing raid1 set

Fri Sep 29 18:23:06 UTC 2006
rado <rado at rivers-bend.com>

so close yet so far or maybe that's just the way it is, I am dumb on it
but gettin smarter.

the 2 ide drives diff channels of course hda and hdc each w/3 partitions
hda1 2 3  hdc1 2 3.

I format hot add sda1 2 3
cat /proc/mdstat it's all there

...# mdadm /dev/md0 1 2 -f /dev/hdc1 2 3 (fail or fault hdc

md automatically picks up sda from spare status and writes to it.

it finishes mind you hdc is still under fail status and I reboot.

when the sys comes back up, it does not pick up sda anymore but instead
just runs -U on all 3 partitions

I was under the impression that sda would be there either I missed a
step somewhere or something strange going on

thx,

John Rose