[CentOS] postfix pb with mass emails

Wed Sep 6 21:12:53 UTC 2006
sophana <sophana at zizi.ath.cx>

Feizhou a écrit :

>> I tried smtp-sink on another port and found that phpbb was the cause of
>> the problem.
>> phpbb did several connections to the smtp-sink and sent multiple emails
>> with more than 50000 recipients instead of 3500.
>> When I sorted the smtp-sink output, I could see recipients duplicated
>> multiple times.
>>
>> Conclusion postfix works great! phpbb sucks!
>
> Now I wonder what is wrong with phpbb...is yours modified at all?
It might be related to browser retrying the request several times
because it is a long task don't you think?
This could explain why there are several smtp connections.
Anyway I reported the bug to phpbb bug tracking.

Yes the phpbb is modded, but not by me. I'm just hosting it on my
dedicated server.