[CentOS] Re: System requirements

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Wed Apr 4 18:09:52 UTC 2007

Grzesiek spake the following on 4/4/2007 9:46 AM:
> System requirements for CentOS 5 minimal installation (console and
> ssh) are....128 MB ram, 256...? I can't find this information in rhel5
> installation manual.
I have seen problems on the list with installing the beta in less than 256 MB,
but how useful would a server be with much less than that? Especially with the
2.6 kernel. I remember running the 2.0 kernel in as little as 32 MB, 2.4 had
some trouble with less than 64MB, and I guess some feature bloat just creeps
into everything.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and