[CentOS] Re: 3ware cards and new firmware in 9.4.1 codeset

Walt Reed wreed at vinq.com
Mon Apr 9 23:40:14 UTC 2007

On Mon, Apr 09, 2007 at 03:42:15PM -0700, Scott Silva said:
> Michael Watters spake the following on 4/9/2007 1:19 PM:
> > John R Pierce wrote:
> >>
> >> I'd go LSI Logic before I'd let anything Adaptec near my systems
> > LSI Logic cards are really buggy in Linux, we've had nothing but
> > problems with them.
> And I just replaced adaptec's in a couple of HP servers here.
>
> I just went to re-read the release notes, and now 9.4.1 doesn't show up on the
> downloads, and the release notes don't have the ext3 paragraph.
> I guess they do listen, and might have pulled it to re-do and re-release it.
> Either someone threw a major fit, or they read the boards.

I sent an email to their sales department, and I bet I'm not the only
one... Maybe sales / support let the management know that there was
a major backlash brewing... For hardware SATA RAID, 3Ware is the only
brand I trust. They just work, and really do support Linux. Hopefully
they won't remain silent on this - I suggested that they make an
announcement in order to let Linux buyers know that they DO listen, and
that Linux matters.