[CentOS] Re: 3ware cards and new firmware in 9.4.1 codeset

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Mon Apr 9 22:42:15 UTC 2007

Michael Watters spake the following on 4/9/2007 1:19 PM:
> John R Pierce wrote:
>> Michael Watters wrote:
>>> Wow, that's stupid.  I guess we'll be switching to Adaptec cards...
>>
>> I'd go LSI Logic before I'd let anything Adaptec near my systems
> LSI Logic cards are really buggy in Linux, we've had nothing but
> problems with them.
And I just replaced adaptec's in a couple of HP servers here.

I just went to re-read the release notes, and now 9.4.1 doesn't show up on the
downloads, and the release notes don't have the ext3 paragraph.
I guess they do listen, and might have pulled it to re-do and re-release it.
Either someone threw a major fit, or they read the boards.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and