[CentOS] version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libpthread.so.0

Pierre Bourgin pierre.bourgin at arteris.com
Thu Apr 19 06:23:09 UTC 2007

Bisbal, Prentice wrote:
> I just installed EMC PowerPath 5.0.0 and Navisphere Agent and CLI on a
> CentOS 4.4/x86_64 system. When I try to start naviagent, I get the error
> below. Before upgrading to CentOS4.4, this same system had RHEL3 ES for
> x86_64 on it, and the same problem was encountered. I spent weeks going
> back and forth with EMC tech support, but the problem was never
> resolved. I'm hoping someone here on this list can shed more light on
> the cause and solution.
>
> PowerPath appears to be working just fine.
>
> /opt/Navisphere/bin/naviagent: relocation error:
> /opt/Navisphere/bin/naviagent:
> symbol __pthread_atfork, version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file
> libpthread.so.0 with link time reference

what is the /opt/Navisphere/bin/naviagent binary: a 32 or 64 bit ?
Please send the output of commands:
$ file /opt/Navisphere/bin/naviagent
$ ldd /opt/Navisphere/bin/naviagent

do you have the some compat* packages installed ? they should help; for
instance:

$ rpm -q compat-glibc
compat-glibc-2.3.2-95.30.i386

$ rpm -ql compat-glibc | grep libpthread | xargs file
/usr/lib/i386-redhat-linux3E/lib/libpthread.a:           current ar archive
/usr/lib/i386-redhat-linux3E/lib/libpthread.so:          ASCII C program
text
/usr/lib/i386-redhat-linux3E/lib/libpthread_nonshared.a: current ar archive
/usr/lib/i386-redhat-linux3E/lib/libpthread_real.so:     ELF 32-bit LSB
shared object, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), stripped

$ strings /usr/lib/i386-redhat-linux3E/lib/libpthread_real.so | grep GLIBC
GLIBC_2.0
GLIBC_2.1
GLIBC_2.1.1
GLIBC_2.1.2
GLIBC_2.2
GLIBC_2.2.3
GLIBC_2.2.6
GLIBC_2.3.2
GLIBC_PRIVATE

(I don't know why, but nm informs this library has no symbols).

my $0.02

Pierre Bourgin