[CentOS] CentOS 4.4 32 bits not recognizing disks

Wed Apr 4 10:55:54 UTC 2007
gary <garys at mtaonline.net>

On Wed, 2007-04-04 at 11:19 +0100, Mário Gamito wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have to install this server with an Intel motherboard ASUS, model
> P5VDC-MX.
>
> It has a VIA hardware RAID controller model VT-8251.
>
> The two hard drives are SATA (don't know if II) and are Maxtor STM380211AS.
>
> Problem is that CentOS installation doesn't recognize any hard drives at
> all.
>
> The BIOS setup doesn't have an option to turn off SATA.
>
> Any ideas ?

  So far it looks, to me, like an issue at the bios. Check to see if one
of your sata drives is registered in the bios as bootable. Some times
you need to reboot ( after making bios changes ) in order for the drive
to be found.