[CentOS] OT: CentOS 5 Hits?

Thu Apr 12 15:41:29 UTC 2007
chrism at imntv.com <chrism at imntv.com>

Don Levey wrote:
> Ordinarily I wouldn't be so... anxious.  But I've got a new machine
> that needs an OS before it is commissioned, and it seems sort of silly
> to install 4.4 when 5 is due out Real Soon Now.  I need to replace my
> older FC4 server at home with something a little more stable...
>
> So... maybe an RPM or something to keep me going until the Big Fix.

You're a pretty "brave" fellow.  Even though I'm sure the CentOS and
RedHat crews have worked tirelessly to exterminate bugs prior to
release, I don't think I'd be willing to roll the dice for a brand new
distro iteration before it's had some time out in the wild...certainly
not on a production server.

Cheers,