[CentOS] OT: CentOS 5 Hits?

Thu Apr 12 15:44:57 UTC 2007
Stephen Harris <lists at spuddy.org>

On Thu, Apr 12, 2007 at 11:34:30AM -0400, Don Levey wrote:
> Ordinarily I wouldn't be so... anxious.  But I've got a new machine that
> needs an OS before it is commissioned, and it seems sort of silly to
> install 4.4 when 5 is due out Real Soon Now.  I need to replace my older
> FC4 server at home with something a little more stable...

That's pretty much the situation I'm in.  I'm building a new box which
will be my home network infrastructure server (dns/dhcp/virtual servers/
backup/nfs/print etc etc).  I've just bought 2Tb of disk for it (gonna
RAID5 it probably - 500Gb SATA disks are cheap!) and am waiting for the
CentOS 5 announcement :-)

--

rgds
Stephen