[CentOS] "near native" performance with xen?

Mon Aug 6 19:51:46 UTC 2007
Johnn Tan <linuxweb at gmail.com>

Ross S. W. Walker wrote:
> Of course you need physical volumes but look for a storage
> solution that will also run as direct to disk as possible,
> maybe something based on the newer SATA/SAS where the RAID
> logic is built into the enclosure and a plain SATA/SAS
> card is in the server which can be actively shared between
> multiple domUs.
>
> If that is out of your budget then use some type of hardware
> RAID for your volumes to get rid of any use of software RAID
> in dom0 for guest storage.

I'm not sure what the distinction is between your first
paragraph and the second. When I read the first paragraph, I
thought: "hardware RAID" but it seems like you're referring
to something else.

> Same goes for the network side of things. Install the latest
> PV drivers in the domUs to get the latest advances.

I didn't realize these existed. I just used whatever was
pulled down when I install xen/kernel-xen via yum. Where can
I get these PV drivers?

Big thanks, Ross. This was extremely helpful!

johnn